This is a collection of all known unreleased songs by Green Day where recordings exist. Check the bottom of the page for a track guide to see where each came from. Big thanks to Todd Pritchard for contributing content here and for providing background on some of the tracks.
1. Olivia – Audio is from Denver, Colorado on August 2, 2010. This is the only time the track has been played live.
2. Dream Catcher – Considered for inclusion on the trilogy but didn’t make the cut. Song would later appear in the musical ‘These Paper Bullets’ which Billie wrote the music for. This recording is from soundcheck in Manchester, England on June 15, 2010.
3. Oh Girl – From soundcheck in Manchester, England on June 15, 2010. Actual title unknown.
4. Minnesota Girl – Played live in Minnesota at shows in 2002, 2005 and 2009 but was not played at their last show there in 2017. Audio here is from July 11, 2009. The song is written for Billie’s wife Adrienne. First heard in an audio message from Billie posted to GreenDay.com.
5. Foiled Can – Audio message song from Billie posted to GreenDay.com on September 4, 2003.
6. Boys In The Bathroom Stall – A “true story” song posted as an audio message to GreenDay.com on September 4, 2003 by Tre Cool.
7. Second Time Around – This song with alternative lyrics to ‘When I Come Around’ was posted as an audio message on GreenDay.com on May 7, 2002. There’s some doubt amongst fans if it is actually Billie singing on this track.
8. What About Today – Posted to GreenDay.com on November 6, 2001 as an audio message from Billie.
9. Things I Heard Today – Posted to GreenDay.com on November 6, 2001 as an audio message from Billie.
10. Minnesota Girl – The is the first known performance of this song and it comes from an audio message Billie sent to GreenDay.com on November 10, 2001. Song would later be played live at three Green Day shows in Minnesota in 2002, 2005 and 2010.
11. Like A Rat Does Cheese – This Tre Cool original has been played live five times, most recently in 2009. This recording comes from a performance on 107.7 KNDD in Seattle, Washington in 2001.
12. D.U.I. – Recorded during the Nimrod sessions in 1997. The song was supposed to be included on the bands 2002 b-side compilation, Shenanigans, but was pulled prior to release due to its lyrical content.
13. Billie Joe’s Mom – A Tre Cool original performed live in Phoenix, Arizona on January 3, 1993.
14. Monk’s Keys – From Todd; “This surfaced in 2016 as ‘Rox Yer Ass’. I’ve learned from a source close to the band that the song is/was actually called ‘Monk’s Keys’. Recorded during the Dookie demo sessions. It was previously released on Life Without Spot: A Food Not Bombs Benefit Compilation under the alias Billie Joe Experience.
15. Future Old Boy – Actual song title unknown. From Todd; “Sometimes referred to as ‘Jennifer’ or ‘Future Old Boy’. Recorded at the Berkeley Square on July 22nd, 1989 by William Nichols.”
16. Maybe Forever – From Todd; “Recorded at the Berkeley Square on July 22nd, 1989 by William Nichols. It’s not currently known if the song title is correct.”
17. You Can’t Fool Me – From Todd; “Recorded live at 924 Gilman on February 24/89.”
18. Stay – From Todd; “Demo version performed by Sweet Children and recorded at 924 Gilman Street (in 1988). Title confirmed by John Kiffmeyer (former drummer). Song was written by Billie for a movie his older brother was making.” This track was often referred to as ‘World vs World’ prior to Kiffmeyer confirming the proper name.